Open menu
To German version

Welcome to Laxenburg!

Laxenburg is situated about 15 km south of Vienna. The historical importance of the village “Lachsendorf” has its roots in the 13th century and it was already in 1388 under the reign of duke Albrecht III that Laxenburg became a “Marktgemeinde” (a special kind of village in Austria). Even in these days, thanks to the vicinity of Schönbrunn castle, Laxenburg was the preferred residence during spring and summer of the imperial family. (read more)