Former court building
The castellan (the castle governor) was quartered here for a time. It displays 18th-century facades, though the core of the structure might be older. From 1924 to 1968 it was the residence of the ‘Laxenburg Master’ of academic landscape painter Gustav Schütt (1890 - 1968) and his wife Lydia Schütt-Lunaczek (1891 - 1969), who was also a painter. Schütt was a member of the Vienna Secession and the Vienna Künstlerhaus Society, and received numerous prizes and awards. In his prolific creative output, he mainly chose subjects from Laxenburg and his works hang in many of the houses here. – Under private ownership since 1972.