Today, the Rathaus (the town hall) forms a complex of two buildings; the original Rathaus might have been the small house to the right beginning in the late 18th century, which prior to 1770 housed the parish school. The bulk of it was a former farmhouse (the Diemhaus) which had another storey added around 1900. In 1955 the old municipal offices proved too small due to the rising requirements of the town, which was able to purchase the adjacent farmhouse for the price of 88,400 Austrian shillings and also convert it into offices. The counselling centre for mothers, which has been in Laxenburg since 1955, was established in the ground level rooms. The Rathaus was capped with a gable structure, which was expanded into a fire-safe area for storing the town archive. Laxenburg professor Gustav Schütt, together with Franz Heigl from Wiener Neudorf, was commissioned with the artistic ornamentation of the exterior facade. The left half of the frescoes are by Schütt, the right half by Heigl. In 1988 a larger alteration was in order. The town was able to finance this project by selling land in the industrial centre. The transverse wing of the Rathaus facing the Schlossplatz was not changed, while the expansion was carried out on the court side with the construction of a two-storey structure. This front section still contains architectural elements from the 17th century.
The Rathausstüberl restaurant, which has been located here since 1969, was expanded to its current size as part of these alterations. The entire property was opened up from the Hofstrasse and designed as a park by incorporating the former school garden.