Schlossplatz 16, former court building
Lacy House, Lacy-Haus in German, is sometimes also referred to as Lassi’sches or Lascy’sches Haus. It was named after Franz Moriz Lacy, a field marshal under empress Maria Theresa. This is a smaller palace from the late 17th and early 18th centuries. The Harrach, Dietrichstein and Lobkowitz families are recorded as having owned it in the past. It was presumably in imperial hands starting in the middle of the 18th century and was then the Hunting Master’s headquarters, as evidenced by the leaping dogs once installed on the roof as lightning rods. The upper storey contains a hall with murals from the 18th century. The archway keystone bears the inscription 1694 and F.L. (= Ferdinand Lobkowitz?). Since 1938 the house has served as a chancellery and residential building for the city of Vienna’s property management department.