The old parish church in the residential area was presumably built in the 14th century. The church’s dedication to the Exaltation of the Cross dates from this time as well. After being destroyed by the Turks, the church was rebuilt from 1693 to 1699 using Gothic architectural elements. Based on stylistic comparisons, the design can most likely be attributed to Carlo Antonio Carlone. The facade, including the side gates, and the tower were built in 1724 - 1739 after a plan by Mathias Steinl. The terrace in its present form was not created until 1897 - 1899; the statues of the four evangelists are by sculptor Julius Trautzl. The church is centred on a ground plan in the shape of a clover leaf.
All parts of the structure are capped with spherical vaults. The interior contains frescos and rich figurative and ornamental plasterwork from the period around 1700, whose themes are the Cross, salvation through the name of Jesus, and the holy city of Jerusalem. Of the very skilful ornamentation, only the picture on the right side altar, entitled Madonna under the Pillars, by Gerard Seghers and his colleagues (1650), and the chancel by Johann Baptist Straub (1732) are of particular mention here.