Johannesplatz 2, former court building
The barracks are composed of an elongated complex consisting of multiple wings between the Johannesplatz and the main park entrance, constructed at different times. The western part with the double gable facade on the Johannesplatz was originally the residence of the Jesuits who were active in the court, and can be traced back to the middle of the 17th century. The adjoining wings were constructed as part of the new plans during the Maria Theresa era. On the park side of the barracks is a baroque facade with a high portico which, in accordance with the Baroque concept of symmetry, mirrored the exterior of the castle theatre. The entire complex was set up as barracks under Joseph II. Since 1925 it has been used as a residential complex.