Main park entrance, former court building
The theatre was constructed starting in 1753 as the first building in the new castle complex based on the design by N. Pacassi (see no. 3). A high portico with a curved gable is situated on the side of the main park entrance. The facade is playfully divided into recessed sections and protruding panels. Inside, the auditorium contains splendid trompe l’oeil frescoes from the late Baroque period; the ceiling fresco was reworked in the 19th century. The former imperial theatre box and small auditorium are now used as a stage; the current modern auditorium was incorporated into the old vacant stage shell.
Today part of the Laxenburg Conference Centre. (www.conference-laxenburg.at)