Inhalt

Dining wing (14)

Dining wing (14)

Main park entrance, former court building

In 1756 the imperial family purchased the Sinzendorf House along with its gardens and commissioned Nicoló Pacassi to construct this dining wing in its place. It was later connected to the Blue Court and the theatre by auxiliary spaces on both sides as well as two corridors, the Kaisergang and Kontrollorgang. The front facade is dominated by a portico with sculptures depicting falconry. The interior contains an oval dining room of imperial character, the walls of which are richly arranged with murals. The ceiling of the dining room has a valuable fresco entitled Putti auf der Falkenjagd (Putti on the Falcon Hunt) by Vinzenz Fischer. The space has often been used for both religious and secular ceremonies: the baptism of Franz Joseph’s children in 1856 and 1858, the wedding of Archduke Maximilian (Emperor Charles’ brother) in 1917, as well as appearances by the Vienna Boys’ Choir and similar events. Today part of the Laxenburg Conference Centre. ( www.conference-laxenburg.at )

Zurück / back