Inhalt

Gardeners’ court and orangerie (2)

Gardeners’ court and orangerie (2)

Schlossplatz 2, former court building

The Gärtnerhof (gardeners’ court) forms a side wing of the Blue Court. The late-18th-century facade, designed by Pacassi, conceals remnants of the farmhouses that once stood here. Old walls and vaults are still in place. From 1924 to 1940 the police force’s offices were housed here. Today all the spaces are used for residential purposes. The castle’s plant nursery was once located at the back of the property. Flowers were cultivated and overwintered here inside conservatories and greenhouses. The orangerie from the early 19th century deserves mention as well. Designed by Ludwig Remy, this has been preserved almost in its original state. Starting in 1965, the orangerie served as the studio of sculptor Stephan Pral (1928 - 1987), after which it was used for various exhibitions. Since 2004 it has housed a branch of the Lederleitner garden design company www.lederleitner.at.

Zurück / back